In the Create and Upload Patches documentation, there is no mention of restrictions on adding inner classes to an already packaged top-level class. The restrictions listed are:
- You can’t add package components.
- You can’t delete existing package components.
- API and dynamic Apex access controls can’t change for the package.
- No deprecation of any Apex code.
- You can’t add new Apex class relationships, such as extends.
- You can’t add Apex access modifiers, such as virtual or global.
- You can’t add new web services.
- You can’t add feature dependencies.
public inner class be added to a managed package patch version?