I have a request to create a way to limit the number of non-transactional emails a user can receive. I saw some other questions suggesting the use of a Data Extension to control it, but in this case I have a few particularities:
- It's a hotel chain and each hotel has a Business Unit. Each hotel has it's own master Data Extension, which has only people who have stayed in that unit. But if a person stayed in more than one hotel, they will be present in more than one Business Unit;
- Corporate Marketing can send emails to all database, regardless of which hotel they stayed;
- Corporate Marketing should have the possibility to override a the exclusion and send emails despite the capping;
- A user should not receive more than 4 marketing emails a month, across all Business Units, and should not receive 2 emails within 3 days.
The priority of sends during a month would be:
- Corporate Marketing: 1 email per month
- Regional Marketing: 1 email per month sent to all the hotels within a region (e.g. North America)
- Hotels: 2 emails per month, to be share across all hotels globally.
I haven't done this but it sounds like a request that makes sense from a business perspective. Has anyone done something similar and could share some advice?