We are in the process of moving from Org based development to Source code based development. We are using VSCode, GitHub and Jenkins. The steps that we followed are
- Create an empty GitHub repo and create a branch our of it.
- Clone the empty repo (branch) to my VSCode
- Create a SFDX project in VSCode.
- Connect to the Org (Sandbox) and pull all code.
- Push just apex classes, pages and components alone to GitHub. We really dont want to push anything else to GitHub
- Now if i change the code in VSCode, i can push it back to GitHub and the Jenkins deploys to Sandbox.
The question that i have is, if another developer wants to work on the same branch, i am not sure how to set it up in their VSCode. I tried just to clone from the branch but then VSCode is not recognizing that as a salesforce project at all.
Here is the folder struture