Similar to another question I posted regarding a SLEEPY error, now we have encountered a SNEEZY error. We are trying to enable the Encryption Policy for the Email Message Relation field to "Deterministic - Case Insensitive". This works in Sandbox, but not in Production.
Does anyone have info on the Email Message / Relation field in regards to encryption?
- Salesforce support says we've reached our Custom Field Limit of 800.They also recommended emptying the recycle bin in case there were deleted fields hiding in there.
- When you use "Deterministic - Case Insensitive" as an encryption method Salesforce creates a hidden field that translates the original field into lowercase. Per Salesforce, this is where the problem is - we're at our 800 field limit and can't create a new field.
- In the previously reported question, Salesforce Tier 3 support was able to set the field to "Deterministic - Case Insensitive" encryption on our behalf, but they were unable to do so this time.
- I am able to change the Encryption to "Probabilistic" and "Deterministic -Case Sensitive" without issue. It is only with the "Insensitive" option where there is trouble.
- However, as a follow up test, I updated Opportunity > Next Steps field to "Deterministic - Case Insensitive" encryption without issue.
- This leads me to believe the issue is specifically with the Email Message Relation field/record itself and not with the custom field limit Support has suggested.
EDIT: Here's a link to the Known Issue logged with SFDC: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000003ePwQAI