We have requirement to build mobile with fully functional offline capabilities. As currently Salesforce1 has limited offline functionalities. We have decided to use the Mobile SDK to build the custom app.
Below are the requirements and the initial design of our app. So wanted to validate with you guys if this is correct approach. You suggestions/improvements will be really appreciated.
Here are the Offline app requirements
- App will be used by Salesforce users, distributors and Dealers.
- App able to login from Salesforce user, Customer community and Partner community.
- Search/Create/Update/Delete access to all the records present for objects like Contact, Account, Lead, Opportunities, Activities, campaign data etc.
- Store more than 50K records per object so it can be access in offline mode.
- Able to fetch CRM objects, custom objects, Salesforce CRM Content, files, and extra storage.
- Download the documents and videos when online and play it during offline mode.
- Upload the photo or video taken from the app then and there and when User is online then sync back to Salesforce.
- Access and store geolocation when the video is being played
- Able to fetch reports and dashboards in offline mode
- Overcome limitations of standard Salesforce app
- Enabling Facebook or Twitter authentication for community login.
- Access to few non Salesforce data and features without login.
Initial App design
Leverage Salesforce Mobile SDK
Using Partner community user instead of Customer community as we want this app to be used by Distributors who can have their own leads.
Initially, store whole data of an object in mobile when it was accessed for the first time in app.