Here's my setup
- I create a new Dev Org.
- I did made Contacts Private internally and externally.
- I went in the Community Settings and set Number of partner roles to 3
- I enabled Partner Relationship Management.
- I created a community and shared it with all users with the Partner Community User profile.
- I created an Account and enabled it as Partner.
- I made a contact and enabled a Partner user (Partner Community User Profile, [AccountName] Partner Executive role). Lets call him PartnerExecutive.
- I made a contact and enabled a Partner user (Partner Community User Profile, [AccountName] Partner User role). Lets call him PartnerUser.
- I logged in as PartnerUser and created a Contact. I filled the Last Name field only.
- I logged in as PartnerExecutive and went to see all Contacts.
What I expected: PartnerExecutive should see PartnerUser's contact, since PartnerUser reports to him in the hierarchy.
What happened: PartnerExecutive does not see PartnerUser's contact.
I tried with a Case object and it worked as expected (PartnerExecutive sees all PartnerUser owned Cases, with the object set as Private Externally and Internally) Am I missing something here?