I am setting up a client with a SAML IdP and SP for their site, and one of their partners now needs to tie into this system. They use force.com to do so. We have SSO working as described in this doc:
The flow as-is:
- User on domain-A clicks "login"
- User is sent to the IdP with request payload
- User logs in or registers and is redirected back to domain-A
- User ends up at a link that offers them services from domain-Force
- User clicks link and is redirected to domain-Force login page
- User clicks the Log in with
<sso idp option>button
- User is redirected to IdP, and IdP already has auth state for user so it redirects them back to domain-Force.
- domain-Force is happy and the user is logged in.
The change this 3rd party wants to make is to remove step 5, to have the force.com login page for their community automatically handle the logic of sending the saml request to the IdP.
Is there a way to configure this to happen? Can it be done with some customization to the CommunitiesLoginController they are using?