I need to override the New Case standard action with a custom Lightning (Aura) component, but I only need to do so for some record types (3 of 6). Is it possible within a Lightning Component to redirect to the standard action? So for example:
- Create New Case Action Override component, implement
- Override Case's New action to use my new component, but do NOT check the "skip record type selection" box.
- System displays record type selection, shows my component.
- My component gets selected record type using page ref info as outlined here.
- If the record type does not need the custom component override, component redirects to the standard New Case LEX UI with the record type set.
- Otherwise, component displays and accepts input as normal.
Step 5 is the question. In VF, I'd add an
action param to the
apex:page to check the recordTypeId and redirect using classic URls, as in this answer. Is this possible in LEX?