having trouble showing reports to users in a community. Has anyone done this successfully?
Steps I’ve followed so far:
- Created a dev org (also tried all these steps in a trailhead playground to the same results)
- Created a community in that dev org (used the Customer Account Portal template)
- Created an Account and a contact looking up to that account
- Created a custom object (Selected Allow Reporting)
- Created a lookup to Account on that custom object
- Created a record for that object looking up to my account created earlier
- Created a report for that object (1 field in report - name - which user has visibility to) and saved it to a report folder shared with the community users
- Created a Community user (Customer Community Plus license)
- Created a Permission Set including these 4 permissions and applied to that community user: ‘Create and Customize Reports’, ‘Edit Reports’, ‘Run Reports’ and ‘Report Builder’
- Set Access to the custom object to Public Read Only
- Created a sharing set that allows for the custom object looking up to the Account to be seen by community users whose contact looks up to the same account
- Added a reports tab in the community so the user can go through that to access reports in the folder shared to them
Then when I log into the community as the user, and try to access the report, I get this message
The report definition is obsolete. Your administrator has disabled all reports for the custom object, or its relationships have changed. Though I have just created everything.
When I instead create a custom report type with just the object and create a report with that (Instead of using the report type that Saleforce creates when Allow Reporting is selected on the object) I get this message
You don't have sufficient privileges to perform this operation.
Any insight appreciated.