I am new to VS Code, things I was able to do separately are
- Create a Salesforce Manifest project and authorize the org, Retrieve/Deploy are good.
- Have a repository on Bitbucket, cloned it on the VS Code, push/pull operations are good.
Problem is I am not able to make it a continuous process, retrieve from Sandbox and push it to Bitbucket, vice versa. Below are the steps followed in setup. Please help where I am going wrong.
- SFDX: Create Project with Manifest on VS Code, named Demo-Project under ../Documents folder.
- SFDX: Authorize an Org, credentials entered, success. Package xml under manifest folder. Empty aura, lwc folders under ../Documents/Demo-Project/force-app/main/default
- Under Bitbucket, I have repository Remote-Project, this has source classes, pages, etc. I copied the clone URL.
- GIT: Clone on VS Code. Directory selected ../Documents/Demo-Project/force-app. A folder named remote-project is created with the source content from bitbucket. Got a pop up asking for Open Repository and Add to Workspace. I clicked on Add to Workspace.
- Opened a file from ../Documents/Demo-Project/force-app/remote-project/aura/democmp, made changes, right click, Deploy to Source org, it got deployed. Source Control tracks the changes.
- Now, when I Retrieve from Source Org, a new file named democmp is created under ../Documents/Demo-Project/force-app/main/default/aura, and the Source Control does not track this changes.
I understand I am doing wrong at some setup step, please help me here to make this a continuous process.