I have a Data Loader CLI script importing data (Lead records) automatically from csv based on some schedule. Last week I stumbled upon following issue:
DataLoader (both CLI and GUI version) doesn't support special Unicode characters(symbols)!
Issue occurred when one of the Leads had LastName equal to 💗. Since LastName is required on Lead the batch failed.
It's quite easy to reproduce:
- Create Lead with FirstName = John, LastName = 💗 in SF
- Download it with DataLoader (remember about write as UTF-8 setting)
- Try inserting the same CSV file with DataLoader
- You should then get:
I got success in DataLoader:
Now interesting thing:
- Other unicode like Japanese characters are working fine
- I can of course create such Lead manually without DataLoader
- I have Read + Write all CSVs with UTF-8 set and looks like (when exporting or trying to import that in CSVs the encoding is fine).
Any ideas? Did anyone else have such an issue?