I was recently working on an internal tool for this at the office. Effectively a declarative "service component" you can bring into your own Lightning Components to specify a bunch of field/object labels that you need to pull dynamically from Apex, with a few additional hooks to ensure that you can respond appropriately to the delay in getting these items loaded.
I don't think it's ready for sharing with the community yet and I'd need management approval but I could look into making it public at some point. Would there be a great deal of community interest in such a tool?
At the moment, the tool is capable of returning the following:
- Label (singular and plural)
- Key prefix (e.g. 001 for Account)
- Whether it is accessible / createable / deletable / queryable / updateable for the current user
- Record Types, indexed by Developer Name
- Whether it is active
- Whether it is accessible / createable / updateable / nillable
What other information would you want out of a declarative Lightning solution to dynamic object/field references?