Is Synchronous report run supposed to return no more than 2000 rows? I didn't see anything about it in the documentation...
I have a feeling I'm missing something simple, like 'QueryMore' command in SOAP API...
Salesforce Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for Salesforce administrators, implementation experts, developers and anybody in-between. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Ok I got it after reading the release notes. http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Winter14/AnalyticsAPI
You can only get up to 2000 records using this API. What's the use of an API that doesn't give me all the data, I don't know. And they could have stated it in the developer docs. Wasted 2 days on that.
We also had this issue, the solution was to take whatever record was the primary record for the report and add it's ID field to the report. Then we sorted the report by that ID, and now when we call the Analytics API, we get the last row of the tabular format and use it's ID in a greaterThan filter on the report to get the next 2000 rows. Hope this helps!
We were able to "solve" this issue... in a fairly roundabout way.
Assuming you have an oauth access token, and that "web" was one of the oauth scopes you requested, you can:
1) Build a report URL with the format:
2) Build a sign-in URL with the format:
3) GET the sign-in URL (with curl or whatever you use to make API calls) and parse the response headers to get any cookie values returned
4) GET the report URL making sure to pass the cookies from the previous step in the header
That final GET request to the report URL will respond with the CSV formatted content of the full report. This will NOT be identical to the format returned by the analytics API (with the aggregate info, etc) but WILL be identical to the format a user receives when they manually download a report, so we find that it actually matches our clients expectations quite well.
So... pretty convoluted work-around. That frontdoor.jsp page is very poorly documented but does seem to be a supported method of converting an Oauth Token to an active user web-login session. (Not some glitch or exploit that will disappear.)
Hope that helps!