We utilise email-to-case, I have a process builder flow executing on new cases that, amongst other elements, closes cases received from specific emails automatically. The conditions for this are, the logic is (1 OR 2 OR 3 OR 4) AND 5 AND 6
- SuppliedEmail = X4@X.com
- SuppliedEmail = X3@X.com
- SuppliedEmail = X2@X.com
- SuppliedEmail = X1@X.com
- Record Type = 'Blah'
- Status does not equal 'Closed'
I also have a Workflow rule, which judging by the Salesforce order of execution is executed next. This rule runs against the Email message object and reopens closed cases with logic 1 AND 2 AND (3 OR 4 OR 5 OR 6):
- Email Messainge: Is Incoming equals True
- Case: Closed equals True
- Email Message: From Address not equal to X4@X.com
- Email Message: From Address not equal to X3@X.com
- Email Message: From Address not equal to X2@X.com
- Email Message: From Address not equal to X1@X.com
I expected the workflow rule NOT to fire on emails received from the same from address as the SuppliedEmail on the case.
Unfortunately when a record comes in, the process runs first and correctly executes the actions but so does the workflow, the email address are correct. You can see the case history here, the bottom three actions are the process builder flow and the next two are the workflow rule. Can you advise what is wrong with my workflow logic?