I'm learning all about the SOAP api (working through the Trailhead module) and I'm having issues with SoapUI.
I'm able to make a login call successfully (username, password and token removed):
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com"> <soapenv:Header> </soapenv:Header> <soapenv:Body> <urn:login> <urn:username>email@example.com</urn:username> <urn:password>passwordAndSecurityToken</urn:password> </urn:login> </soapenv:Body> </soapenv:Envelope>
But when I try and create a record according to the instructions on the trailhead module, I get "Connection Refused" error.
Here's the call that I'm trying to execute in SoapUI (session token removed):
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:urn1="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com"> <soapenv:Header> <urn:SessionHeader> <urn:sessionId>mySecurityTokenHere</urn:sessionId> </urn:SessionHeader> </soapenv:Header> <soapenv:Body> <urn:create> <!--Zero or more repetitions:--> <urn:sObjects xsi:type="urn1:Account" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <!--Zero or more repetitions:--> <Name>Sample SOAP Account</Name> </urn:sObjects> </urn:create> </soapenv:Body> </soapenv:Envelope>
Things I've tried:
- adding my IP address to the network whitelist
- following the instructions here to ensure that I'm not trying to log in using TLS1.0 (though the login call works fine so this was likely a red-herring-hail-mary flail)
- Disabling my Bitdefender firewall, and ensuring that my proxy was not running.
- regenerating my security token, log in with it fresh and immediately copy-paste the session ID, just in case it had expired (another long shot)
- going to the location described in this post to try and find more information about the error - the file location doesn't exist on my PC.
Unfortunately my error message hasn't changed.
Any advice gratefully received. Even if someone can point me in the direction for finding a more detailed debug log in SoapUI, that would be amazing.
Edited for additional screenshots:
Here's what my login call looks like, complete with the endpoint:
And the create call that's failing: