You missed the entity, i.e &ent=Case
This paramater defines on which object you are working. Basicallly ent
stands for Entity- means object in salesforce (either standard or
custom). For example, when you click new opportunity link, it redrects
where ent equals to Opportunity defines that we are going to select
record type of Opportunity object
Now, you will be able to Clone with default record type. Hope it helps you.
- Url hack is not officially supported by salesforce
- It does not works in Lightning and salesforce mobile app.
In classic, the requirement of cloning record via custom button and to perform edit operation to various fields on the cloned version is achieved by listing the ID of the fields to edit and the new values in the button's URL.
For Lightning, currently there's no out of the box functionality available.
There is no direct out of box functionality to do this using custom button and quick actions. You can use the example process outlined below to achieve the same in Lightning via customization.
- Create a Lightning component. Make use of force:hasRecordId interface. This enables the component to be assigned the ID of the current record.
- In the controller part, clone the record and change some values accordingly.
- Display a screen with changed fields, and save and cancel button.
- Use that Lightning component to be called on the click of a "Quick Action".