To put this into an answer, instead of just comments, I would use this as an opportunity to recreate your current process.
- I would first export the entire DE onto a local drive.
- Set a limit on Field Size for each column
- Set a Field Type for each column
- I would then break the Fields out via Excel or preferred software into multiple related data tables
- Ensure there is at least 1 unique key tying each table to others.
This will let you take a field that maybe has the same value repeating multiple times in the single DE, and reduce it to only a couple entries based on a key in another field. For example if Assigned is only 'Yes' or 'No', and is based on if Job equals 'Started' - 'Yes', but if Job equals 'Not Started' or 'Completed' - 'No'.
You can have 2 DEs, one that has the Job values attached to the Unique ID for each Job, and another DE that contains 3 entries (the 3 job values) and the corresponding values for 'Assigned' (Yes/No) - greatly reducing the necessary storage and processing space.
It should also increase your capability to update/add without needing to do bulk uploads adds every time - making it more efficient.