My question is about wildcards / file name pattern inside automation studio.
When you define a file name pattern inside an import file activity like
FULL_IMPORT_%%Day%%%%Month%%%%Year%%.csv how will it behave in general and how far will it look back for files?
My observations (let us assume we have the 6th september 2018 on marketing clouds default timezone):
- SFMC will look for a file named
- If it finds such a file, it will import the file If it does not find such a file,it will try to find a file from the day before (
- If it does not find such a file, it will try to find a file from the day before (
- Repeat the step in front
- When will it start to fail?
- Whats the default timespan it will look behind? (I assume it wont try to search a file like FULL_IMPORT_24121001.csv)
(No advanced file import options like "Fail import if file is older than the following number of hours:" set)