I am successfully importing a CSV of products and creating Product objects in Salesforce. I'd like to be able to automatically (or even via CSV update) create Standard prices for those objects, but without the step of downloading the products to get the Salesforce ID of each product.
My product codes are unique and I was hoping to be able to look up the Salesforce ID for a product via the Product Code.
I am using Salesforce Essentials so I don't have access to the API. Is this possible, or do I have to do a multistep process:
- Download all Product2 objects into a CSV (called products).
- Create a new CSV called products_prices.
- For each product:
- Get Salesforce ID, get price from my database.
- Create a new CSV record in products_prices
- Upload products_prices using dataloader.io
I am so hoping there is a shorter way to do this.