When i add custom profile to package its show N/A . Also when this package is installed in another org (testing org), It is not displayed at all to link profile settings to any profile
Took me a while to figure it out but here's the solution:
IN YOUR DE ORG:
- Clone Standard Platform User profile (because is the one that has the Salesforce Platform license) an name it something meaningful like MyApp_Profile
- Customize MyApp_Profile to match your desired access level for the users that will test or use your app
- Add custom profile settings MyApp_Profile to the package
- Go ahead an finish the package
IN THE TEST_ORG (OR YOUR_CUSTOMER_ORG):
- Pre-create a profile by cloning the Standard Platform User profile and name it something meaningful like MyApp_TestProfile
- Assign MyApp_TestProfile to a user
- Install the package and on Step 2 (Choose security level) of the wizard you have to select the third option (Select security settings)
- Under "Customize security" section make sure the MyApp_TestProfile (created on step 5) has the MyApp_Profile assigned (created on step 1)
- Finish the Package installation
- Log to the test or customer org with the user that has the MyApp_TestProfile assigned and choose your App from top right menu.
I hope this solves your issue too!