If the only standard objects I am planning to use in an application are the following:
1. Contacts 2. Case 3. Accounts
Is it worth it to pay for a service cloud license? I am sure its not.
What I am thinking:
I am thinking to use the force.com Enterprise licenses instead of Service Cloud. The max. number of objects being speculated are less than 10 at this moment.
- Can the existing Salesforce Case Management functionality be custom built?
- If it can be, what kind of effort would be required? Also, any fall backs if someone has implemented this already will be greatly appreciated.
- If we decide to custom build this, would I miss any existing features that service cloud might provide?
- What functionality does Service Cloud provide out of the box that can not be rebuilt?
Below are the components we plan on using for the application at the moment:
- Customer Communities / Partner Communities
- Service Cloud / Force.com (custom application)