Is there a "Text to Columns" function or app (similar to the Text to Columns Data Tool in Excel) in Salesforce?
Some of my data sets are too large for Excel to handle prior to uploading into Salesforce.
If there isn't an actual Text to Columns function / app in Salesforce, would the next best solution be the following?
1) Create a custom object that is used only parse the data in a text-to-columns manner
- Maybe along the lines of: http://forcebydesign.com/2013/03/parsing-text-from-salesforce-fields-a-diy-excel-style-text-to-columns/
2) Upload my data into that parsing custom object so that it takes the "full name" column and parses it out into a "First Name" and "Last Name" column
3) Export the parsing object's data
4) Upload the cleaned up data into my Contacts object.
Let me know what you StackExchangers think! Thanks