I am trying to create a role hierarchy according to this requirement:
- We have three roles: Sales Manager, Executive Manager and Sales Rep
- Sales Manager and Executive Manager are at the same level. Both don't report to anybody
- Exceutive Manager has users Tom, Mery and Anne
- Sales Manager has only the user Patrick
- Sales rep A reports to Tom, Mary and Anne
- Sales rep B reports to only Tom and Mary
- Sales rep C reports to Tom and Patrick
What would be the best way to create a role hierarchy according to this requirement as you have the following cases?:
- Sales reps can report to different users in the Executive Manager hierarchy
- Sales reps can report to different users who are in different roles as in point 7.
They don't use territories or divisions.
I am a little confused about the term "reports to". For me this is like saying "he or she is my manager". I can not find the way to create a role hierarchy with these requirements. Any tips will be appreciated.