I've found a bunch of resources on how to setup and deploy/retrieve data to Salesforce Dx Scratch Orgs but only for extremely simple code bases.
Ideally, what I'd like to be able to do with Salesforce Dx is:
- Retreive all metadata (code and config) from my Production Org (all unmanaged package code/config).
- Create a new Salesforce Dx project and convert the Production Metadata to Dx project structure.
- Push the source to git.
- Push the newly converted production metadata to a scratch org.
- For each branch in git, do #3 and #4 to easily migrate branch code for testing to a scratch org.
My production code has a complex data model with over 4 dozen custom objects and complex code dependencies between apex classes, visual force pages, components, etc. For the life of me, I'm unable to get these code to push without encountering 1000s of errors.
My Questions are:
- Has anyone had success using this process to migrate complex production metadata to a scratch org?
- Winter 18' has a pilot for migrating production shape to scratch orgs. There isn't much documentation on this. Will this essentially copy all custom metadata to a scratch org?