I'm a Sys Admin, and one of my users is saying that when she uses Global Search to search for Contacts, most of the time it is not working. The examples she has given work fine for me when I try and search in Global Search. One such contact was created back in January, so it should not be an indexing issue. She can view the Contact via some other means (I gave her the URL to navigate to the Contact directly), but a subsequent Global Search after viewing it still fails to find it. So it's not an access issue. In the left sidebar where it shows the numbers of matches, it clearly says "Contacts (0)". So it's not an issue with the types of objects Global Search is setup for. I checked a couple of SFDC Articles which address this(https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=search_crowding_considerations.htm&type=5, https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Object-not-included-in-search-and-results-differ-for-users&type=1), but neither seemed to show anything that might be the cause. So I seemed to have eliminated all the usual causes for this. Are there some other potential causes I am missing?
- Is the contact private (has no
- If you click "Sharing" button on the contact (assuming your OWD isn't "controlled by parent") & expand the list - can you see this user all right on the list?
- Does she have the Contacts tab on in her app (clutching at straws here)
- Are there some contacts that do work?
- Is her user's locale set to Hungarian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese? These cultures work in "Lastname Firstname" format.
- really stupid idea: any chance you have a custom object labeled "Contact" ;)