I've been going through this for nearly a week and can't figure it out - any ideas are appreciated.
I'm trying to create a relationship between two custom objects that will eventually be populated with data from CSV files loaded in via dataloader.
The CSV files have the Key and Reference values already set, so all I need to do is import them in and connect them; however, Salesforce isn't letting me link them together.
- UniqueID (text): 1_1_1
- UniqueID (text): 9_a
- MatchingID (text): 1_1_1
What I want is for there to be a master-detail relationship between parent.csv and child.csv where viewing a parent record will display any entries in child.csv (in the example above, viewing parent 1_1_1 would display child 9_a as a related record).
My steps for trying to link the two together so far are:
1) Create the parent Object
2) Create the Unique ID field to match parent to child (which is also the the MatchingID) and set it as as 'unique', 'required', and 'external ID'
3) Create the Child Object
4) Create the Unique ID field for the child and set it as 'unique', 'required', and 'external ID'
5) Create the Matching ID field for the child
6) Create a Master-Detail field on the Child object and select the parent object as the related object
7) Click show filter settings and in the first field box select 'parent > Unique ID'
8) Here's where it breaks Attempt to enter the matching ID in the second field
tl;dr: Is there a way to import csv files from data loader and create master-detail relationships between them? If not, what are the workarounds? And why the heck does it tell me no fields match the filter criteria?