Winter 14 - sandbox cs9
I have 50+ test classes; I do Apex Test Execution | Select tests | select all.
- Disable parallel testing = true
- Store only aggregated test coverage = true
I select all tests. Within a few minutes, about 40 of the test classes finish execution; 10 or so never finish. Even after one hour of waiting. This never used to happen as I have done this sequence repeatedly over the last few months/years. This makes it hard to run regression tests.
Things I tried:
- Taking one of the 'never finishing' classes, aborting it, and running it solo. RESULT: It never finishes execution
- Recompiling one of the 'never finishing' classes and running it solo. RESULT: It never finishes execution
- Using Eclipse Force.com IDE and Apex Run Tests on one of the manually-aborted, 'never finishing' test classes - Eclipse comes back with 'Unable to run tests on 'Foo.cls': Running test: Foo, time spent on that test 1974ms, total time spent running tests 18715ms. Error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 170253947-20552(2105728326)
- Refreshed fullcopy sandbox (cs11) from PROD 30 minutes ago. Ran tests on one of the classes that 'never finished' in cs9 - same error in CS11. Note that test of said class in PROD passes
Analysis - based on #4, it would appear something was introduced into at least cs9 and cs11 sandboxes that prevent certain test classes from executing. Given that cs11 is a fullcopy of PROD and class Foo runs fine in PROD but not in cs11 (fullcopy), the problem must be related to sandboxes
So, I contacted support. Waiting for assistance.