I am trying to use permission sets to dictate what record type people have. The idea is I only assign one record type per permission set. So when a user creates a record they don't get the record selection screen
The problem is I have to set a default record type on the profile. If I set it to MASTER then if I only have one record type on the permission set it will skip the record type selection screen (good) but default to MASTER and ignores the permission set (bad). It appears that these need to have 1 non-master record type on the profile otherwise it skips past that screen from the permission set.
It appears that all of this needs to be done on the profile level for 1 record type on a permission set.
**Example:** Profile: gets record and type master (which is default) Permission set: gets record type 1 Result: Create record skips screen to select record type (good) creates record of type **master** (bad) Expected: skips screen to select record type creates record of type **1**
You can assign the --Master-- record type in profiles. In permission sets, you can assign only custom record types. The behavior for record creation depends on which record types are assigned in profiles and permission sets.
If users have this record type on their profile... And this total number of custom record types in their permission sets... When they create a record...
--Master-- None The new record is associated with the Master record type --Master-- One The new record is associated with the custom record type. Users can’t select the Master record type. --Master-- Multiple Users are prompted to select a record type. Custom One or more Users are prompted to select a record type. In their personal settings, users can set an option to use their default record type and not be prompted to choose a record type.
My issue appears to be that Visualforce is skipping this record type selection screen (no matter how many selections I have) and then is not updating the picklist.
If I switch the view to the standard page, it works as expected. So it's not a permissions set issue, it's a visualforce issue.