Its not possible to place a button anywhere in layout. Can be done by a inline page which simply redirects, but it would be an overkill for such a simple requirement.
What action do I need to take?
hyperlink formula fields and migrate to alternative solutions. This
critical update is enabled for all orgs on the auto-activation date of
October 30, 2017. Here are some possible workarounds.
- Supported in Salesforce Classic only
- Create a Lightning Experience Quick Action
- Supported in Lightning Experience only
- Create a custom Visualforce Page to redirect to the correct URL
- If there is a client-side conditional logic to be executed to decide the link to which the user needs to be directed, create an
empty Visualforce page and an Apex controller. Pass the required
values from the link to controller, execute the logic to decide the
URL in controller method and perform the redirect.
We recommend that you test this update in a sandbox or Developer
Edition org. Check the behavior of the HYPERLINK function in formula
Based on where you need to execute this action, you have these options.