We have an automation to export the people in a Data Extension with the
LastDeliveryDate value equal to 21 days ago. The file will end up on an SFTP server that is not Salesforce's own Enhanced server. The automation flow works as it should and we receive the file on the SFTP server. The only thing that does not make sense is that if we run the automation early in the morning the filename (containing wildcards) is one day behind and the data inside the files are also one day behind.
- When we run the automation on 2017-09-04 at 10 AM, the file is generated as
- When we run the automation on 2017-09-04 at 6 AM, the file is generated as
Aktivering_dag21_2017-09-03.csvwhich is one day old.
Now, I try to elaborate as much as I can on the automation.
The automation consists of 4 activities (in order):
Filter Activityconnected to the Data Filter with condition
LastDeliveryDate is equal to Today - 21 Days
- An Sql Query Activity that joins the data in (1) to another data extension to receive columns from both. The results update another data extension we call
- A Data Extract Activity with file naming pattern of
- A File Transfer Activity with the following properties- File naming pattern:
Aktivering_dag21_%%Year%%-%%Month%%-%%Day%%.csv, Use Local time zone setting:
Checked(have tested with
Uncheckedas well), File Action:
Move a File From Safehouse, Destination: the external ftp server mentioned above.
Mind that the timezone for the logged in user as well as the BU is the same timezone which is
(GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna.
But the timezone for the external server is apparently set to Spanish timezone. I'm not sure if this could be a problem because I suppose the generation of file and the naming of the file happens before it is landed on the server.
Any hint regarding why the file contains data that is one day older that it is supposed to is appreciated.