Scenario Let's say that you have around 10 million contacts in Salesforce. These contacts are related towards one or more accounts, are part of opportunities, activities and much more. What would be the best approach in segmenting this data with the condition that:
- A sales user will be able to see (in some countries) over 1 million records
- The sales user needs to be free in choosing how to perform the segmentation e.g. which fields, relationships, ...
- The results of the segmentation exercise will need to be used later in Salesforce for different type of activities and the segmentation needs to be saved and reused
Question What would be the recommended approach? Doing the segmentation exercise outside of Salesforce?
- Using Analytics tool like Wave (for which licenses are available). However, it isn't that easy to import your Wave results back into Salesforce
- Salesforce reporting and using the Report and Dashboard REST API to export and reuse the results wherever wanted. What about limits ?
- Customization by creating some kind of advanced search in wizard form, which dynamically describes the metadata with all fields, relationships et cetera to build dynamically a query. What about limits (especially around query limits as it's huge amount of records and the user if free to choose (indexed or non-indexed) fields as much as he wants (more or less)