I feel defeated asking this but I am stumped.....
Ok so I am trying to figure out how to route or in any way affect the Lead Assignment notification when the lead is created by the LAM (License Management App). I have been unsuccessful is stoping the emails or sending them to a specific user or queue.
The emails seem to be the default lead assignment notification
Lead: xx xx, The xx of Companies has been assigned to you.
To view the details of this lead in salesforce.com click on the following link: https://xyz.my.salesforce.com/xxxxxxx
The email address that these email are being sent to is
- Only one auto response rule with 13 steps is active.
- ALL steps have the Email template blank
- The leads in question only match the the last step which assigns it to the owner who DOES NOT have the email receiving the notification. The original owner of the lead and the newly assigned owner of the lead (due to the rule) are NOT the
- The Default Lead owner is NOT
- Basically there is no path that I can see where an email is sent to
- There is no email template in the org that sends an email as outlined above
At first I thought it was because the LMA was not setting the DMLOptions Header and thus assignment rules were being followed but I have ruled that out because there is no path that it can end up going to the email address it is going to.
There is no instance of the
[email protected] in the code nor any instance of the OWD Email Address Name or ID in any code within the org.
Can anyone tell me how the Default Lead Assignment Notification is being sent when a lead is created by the LMA (License Management App). More importantly, how does one turn it off or specify where the email goes???
- I just did a test by changing the assignment rule to send to me.
- The lead came in and the
[email protected]got the email and the owner was the queue. (it should not have been if the assignment rules were used)
- I clicked edit on the lead then checked the assign using assignment rules. It was assigned to me and I got the email.
I also update the default owner on the web to lead to be me with the same results
Think that proves that the assignment and email is being done by the LMA somehow and not the assignment rules.
Looks like there is not much that can be done RE the assignment but still not sure if that means I am SOL for the notification email as well but I believe it may indicate that