I am trying to add the ability to the marketing team to have custom personalization strings in Content Builder. I managed to create them but I have an issue to fill the Email Demographics table with data.
Let me explain the process :
- Go to Email Studio > Subscribers > Profile Management
- Create a new Attribute "Test Custom Attribute"
- Wait a couple of minutes
- Go to Contact Builder > Data Designer and click on the Email Data group attribute
- You will find the "Test Custom Attribute" in the Email Demographics Data Extension
- Go to Email Studio > Content Builder
- Create/Edit an Email and add a content block
- You will find your "Test Custom Attribute" as a Personalization String in the UI
Now the idea is to populate this table with data coming from an existing data extension (the population).
I know that it is possible to create an "internal import" from a Data Extension into All Contacts - Push or SMS but not Email.
I know also that it is possible via API using the /contacts/v1/contacts route.
My question is : Is it possible to populate "Email Demographics" Data extension from an existing data extension using Automation Studio (Import or SQL activity)?