According to Salesforce Summer ’17 Release Notes it should now be possible to export the Password Policies per profile settings (see quote below). Has anyone managed to achieve that? If so can you please explain how preferably in layman's terms, since I'm not a developer?
You can export these profile session settings.
- How many minutes of inactivity elapse before a user’s authenticated session times out
- Session security level required at log in
- Whether a user must be logged out immediately when the session times out
- Whether a user receives a warning when the session is about to expire
You can export these profile password policy settings.
- Number of days until a password expires
- Number of previous passwords to save to ensure that users reset their password to a new, unique password
- Minimum password length
- Type of characters required in a user’s password (alphanumeric, number, special characters, uppercase, or lowercase)
- Whether an answer to a hint can contain the password
- Whether a user can change a password more than once in a 24-hour period
- Maximum invalid login attempts until the user is locked out
- Lockout period duration
- Whether answers to security questions are hidden when typed