I have written a lengthy visualforce page for an account plan. After working almost all of the kinks out, I am now concerned with performance. Simply put, the page takes longer to load than I think it should (for what it's worth, I removed well over half the fields on the page and it still takes longer than any other page in our org to load).
I have a standard controller defined on the account plan object, and a controller extension which handles pretty much all transactions on the page. For some reason -- and I have found nothing online about this -- when loading the page (even when clicking preview from the dev. console) it produces two debug logs.
I have confirmed that only one of them (the first one) is executing the controller extension's constructor. I figured the other log was a result of the account plan's constructor being executed, so I removed it and put the extension as the controller -- still 2 debug logs. First log takes 488 units, the second takes 498 units. The only dialogue I see in the second log references apex page messages controller, so I removed the page messages section from my VF page but still see the log, however it is shortened.