The documentation from SFMC leads one to believe that mapping a profile attribute to a Salesforce field on lead or contact is a breeze. I'm also assuming that if this value changes in MC that, based on the mapping, it would update in SF. Our MC and SF orgs are connected and talking to each other. Here's what I've done so far:
- Set Account, Contact, Lead, User, and Marketing Promotion (required) sync from SF to MC
- Created a simple data extension (Test_Lead_Data_Extension)
- Created a query to populate the fields in the previous from Lead_Salesforce
- Performed a send
- Validated a subscriber record was created in All Subscribers for my lead record
- Created a field in Salesforce: MarketingCloud_Marketing_Lead_Type (text)
- Created an attribute of the same specs in Profile Management in MC and mapped to the newly created field in Salesforce
I have tried updating this Subscriber Attribute in the standard profile center and from the All Subscribers UI. The change in value does not pass to Salesforce and it should.
I've also tried making this attribute required. Am I missing a step?