Thanks in advance for any advice!
Imagine we have an All Subscribers list and a few data extensions with the following attributes:
- All Subscribers => Subscrber Key, Email Address, First Name, Last Name
- Client => ClientReferenceNumber, PolicyStatus, ServicingAgentNumber
- Agent => AgentNumber, AgentFirstName, AgentLastName
In Contact Builder, I have created Data Extension links in order to setup the Foreign Key-like constraints as follows:
- Contacts (ContactKey) => Client (ClientReferenceNumber)
- Client (ServicingAgentNumber) => Agent (AgentNumber)
So, this works fantastically in Journey Builder. I was able to create a Journey with an Audience Entry Source stemming from Client. Then, in the following step of the Audience setup (Contact Filter), I was able to filter the Entry Source such that I only allowed Clients to enter the Journey if, say, their corresponding Agent's First Name is equal to "Timmy". That's great!
However, when I go to perform an ad-hoc email send, I can't seem to access these auxiliary tables... For example, say I want to create an ad-hoc email send where I only send emails to Clients having Agent's with the First Name equal to "Timmy" again. If I try to create a "Data Filter" from the Client data extension, I do not see the ability to drill down into the Agent data extension to filter off of these Foreign table attributes.
What am I missing here? Am I going about this all wrong? Best practices for such endeavors?