We use Service Cloud as DOR. Here we use Leads just for NL subscribers. Customers are Accounts. For the Double Opt-In process we have two boolean fields.
Email_Optin = True triggers the DOI Journey in the Marketing Cloud via SF Data Entry Event. The Account:Id is transferred with the DOI Confirmation Link
%%[ Var @rows, @row, @Id, @email Set @email = AttributeValue('Account:PersonContact:Email') Set @rows = RetrieveSalesforceObjects('Account', 'Id', 'PersonEmail', '=', @email) Set @row = row(@rows, 1) Set @id =field(@row,'Id') ]%%
%%=Concat('https://pub.s7.exacttarget.com/15...5/?sfid=',@id, '&email=', @email )=%%
In a Use Case where two Persons use the same Email Address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, the following happens.
- Person A is an old customer and has not subscribed to NL
- Person B is a customer since one week and has not subscribed to NL
- Both use the same Email email@example.com
- Person A subscribes to the NL
- The Account:Id which is transferred to my DOI Journey is always the Id of Person B, which is wrong
Is it ever happen to someone or does anyone have experience on that?