You can register a domain into Salesforce by using the following steps from the configuration guide.
- Creating a CNAME entry in your DNS
- Adding the Custom Domain information in Salesforce
- Adding HTTPS support to custom domains
The CNAME record takes time to propagate through DNS so that can be found when you do the subsequent steps.
Setup Custom Domain
This is a 2 step process, first you'll need to add the domain information to your org, and then you'll map the custom domain to your Salesforce Site.
Add the domain information to your Salesforce Org
Small Alert Icon NOTE: CNAME propagation needs to be complete before
you can perform this next set of steps.
- In your Salesforce Org, click Setup.
- Under "Administer," Click Domain Management | click Domains.
- Click Add A Domain.
- Enter your custom domain in the Domain Name field.
After adding to domain add the Custom URL for the site.
Going to Setup>Administration>Domain Management>Domains
Select the domain you added
Click new Custom URL - then you can edit the URL to set it up for the site.