We want to create a link to a pdf file which is accessible from outside Salesforce.
I have found following description but have no success when trying to follow these steps:
- Save your document in a static resource.
- Write click on the "View file" link and copy the link location from the attached Static Resource Detail page.
- Create a Public Site if you do not have already.
- Create a public link using copied link location and Website URL.
- Website Site URL/Paste your copied link location, the link should be look like this http://vk-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/resource/1303802742000/TestPDF
The points are a bit unclear to me...
And is this still the way to go?
Especially point 4. is unclear to me