Is there a way using ONLY Process Builder to do this?
- Insert a record #9991 into ObjectX
- Read field "alpha__c" from record #9991 after the insert is complete
Field "alpha__c" will contain some results produced by Apex after record #9991 is saved. I need to read it right after the save is done, to know what happened. I have no control over ObjectX or field "alpha__c" - I can insert, and I can query. [Managed Package]
I know I can do this in a Flow.
I am trying to keep things at a low enough level for easy maintenance by non-technical people. Flows are not as straightforward to teach to "Assistant Admins".
I've asked several Questions along these same basic lines - making something happen AFTER a "save", "commit", etc is completed on record #9991, because I need to see/touch that newly-inserted record AFTER Apex, Workflows, etc have done their thing. It's a recurring theme for me.
A longer version of the example above:
- Record #9991 insert is performed...
- ... Apex does things
- ... Workflows do things
- Record #9991 is saved (committed) with OTHER fields populated by Apex/Workflows
- READ one of those fields after record #9991 is saved
- ... do something based on what is in those fields