I'm a bit confused about the number of orgs needed (and their purpose) for a development and security review process for a managed package.
- Do I need separate orgs for development and packaging?
- Do the orgs need to remain the same through out the life cycle of the app? Or can they be changed after the security review?
- What orgs do you need for applying for security review?
- What is the process for development for different org types and releases?
Edit: Added a few more questions:
Acc to the new salesforce security review test doc,
"Starting March 1, 2017 full Locker Compliance will be mandatory to submit for the security review. Therefore, the Developer Edition test environment provided for the security review must have Locker Service enabled. Enterprise edition and sandbox orgs will not be acceptable test environments starting March 1, 2017 "
"The review team recommends creating a free developer account because accounts do not expire and are provided at no cost. These will be the only acceptable test environments starting March 1, 2017. Keep in mind that the review team does not need or want direct access to the org where you have developed or packaged your application. The test org should be a separate dedicated org. "
Based on the above,
- Which are the acceptable test environments?
- Do we need to provide access to the packaging org for review? What does this statement mean - "Keep in mind that the review team does not need or want direct access to the org where you have developed or packaged your application."
I understand the questions are a bit disconnected, I'm new to the salesforce development and am in process of preparing an app for the security review. Getting a bit overwhelmed with all the steps needed. Can someone give a rundown of their development environment and process?