I am having issues logging in as another user. I am able to log in as all other users with the same profile except for 1 particular user. Any ideas why that might be the case?
Please follow below instructions to Enable the "Organization Admins Can Login as Any User" feature:
Enable the "Organization Admins Can Login as Any User" feature
With this feature enabled, System Administrators can log in as any user in their organization without asking internal end-users to grant login access. Before you request this feature, review two pieces of documentation:
- Control Login Access for steps to control whether all users will be asked to grant login access.
- Grant Login Access for steps to manually grant login access on a per-user basis.
How to enable the "Organization Admins Can Login as Any User" feature
If your org uses Summer '15 or later, use the steps under "Enable Organization Admins Can Login As Any User." If your org was upgraded from Professional Edition to Enterprise Edition, use the steps under "Request feature enablement from Salesforce Support."
Manually enable "Organization Admins Can Login as Any User"
- Click Setup
- Under "Administer," select Security Controls | Login Access Policies.
- Select Administrators Can Log in as Any User.
- Click Save.
If don't have access to the feature and your organization isn't Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, or Developer Edition, vote for the enhancement request on the IdeaExchange. If your organization is one of these editions, check with your System Administrator to activate the access permissions on your profile.
Request feature enablement from Salesforce Support
- Have a System Administrator create a case with Salesforce Customer Support.
In the case details, include:
- Your business case or justification.
- Your organization ID where you want the feature to be enabled.
- The text "Feature requested: Enable Org Admins to log in as any user without having access granted by the users"
Verify if that user is active by navigating to Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Users. Locate your user in list and verify Active column is checked.
Verify if user has granted you login access by navigating to Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Users. Locate your user in list and verify if you see "Login" link in "Action" column(first column).
If either of these is not correct you can't login as that user.
If user is InActive you can activate that user if you are an org admin by editing user and selecting "Active" checkbox.
If user has not granted your login access you can ask him to do so by navigating to Setup > Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Grant Login Access.