I'am relativly new to the MC enviroment and to learn i wanted to create my first MC Projekt / Journey.
I made some thoughts about how i would like create logics / Journey / Activations for my learing path in Marketing Cloud but I`am not sure if my ideas are creatable and working in MC. The Marketing Cloud Connector is already installed and MC is connected with SalesCloud.
Could you please give me advice on that if its best practice or maybe better ways to accomplish my needs.
1. I have the Data Extension "SebastianDE" --> I will use SmartCapture on a microsite as well as .csv import / upload to create records in DE.
- When records are added to the DataExtension I want to shoot out a Email with a Link. When Subscriber clicks on Link we need to Track this as opt-In in our Data Extension
My approach would be to write a Query ( _Opens and / _sends ) activity which updates the DataExtension with information on opens and click if subscriber opened email and clicked on Link.
- Would that work out is Query Activity the right tool to use for that or is there any other Best Practice solution available?
2. When records are added to Data extension i need to push this data into Sales Cloud.
My approach would be create a Salesforce Data Extension link it to my “SebastianDE” to sync. Then the Salesforce Data Extension will create Leads in SalesCloud.
Would that work out too or is there any other best practice?
3. When a journey from Journey Builder started and the first email is sended out how can i determine which user opened the email? I need to find out who opened the email to have a decision split in my Journey to distinguish who opened email and who did not open the email for further nurturing.
- For this one I have no idea how to accomplish this. Is there a standard feature which allow me to do this? Engagement Split?
Thank you for your support and help! I Hope these questions are not to fancy or to unordinary.
Best regards & a good start in the weekend Sebastian