I'm currently trying to build a few custom attributes within the Lead object so that the following happens:
- Year Entered for Job is a text field
- Years since entering the work field is a number field using a custom formula
- Career Level is converted based on a range and the number for #2.
I have them all working, but had to use TODAY() in my formula for #2. I'm assuming that this means everyone in my system will slowly trickle down to the most senior career level I have in place as the years go on, but this is not what I want. I would like for that field to remain static after conversion to Contact. My question are as follows:
- Are Lead Objects Static after Conversion? ie: will my people with "Early" career levels stay at early for the rest of time?
- If not, is there a better way to write my formula (ie: Not using TODAY() ) to ensure that my career level attribute does not change for each individual as the years go on?
Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!