Using Node.js: What would be the best contribution to the fuel-soap library if I want to send an email (other than a triggered email) such as a user-initialted email or just an email send to a list?
Looking at fuel-soap, these are the soap methods implemented:
- handles the Create SOAP Action
- handles the Retrieve SOAP Action
- handles the Update SOAP Action
- handles the Delete SOAP Action
- handles the Describe SOAP Action
- handles the Execute SOAP Action
It looks like the Send Object is what we need to implement "Used to send email and retrieve aggregate data based on a JobID."
I would need to prototype new functionality into fuel-soap in order to use “Perform"
The send object uses:
- Create - Creates an individual object or a batch of objects.
- Delete - Deletes an individual object or a batch of objects.
- Perform - Method description goes here.
- Retrieve - Retrieves an individual object or a batch of objects.
- Update - Updates an individual object or a batch of objects.
Using Node.js, I would like to send a User-Initiated email. The only option under "apis-sdks/rest-api/v1/messaging/“ is POST & GET for “messageDefinitionSends”.
messageDefinitionSends = "Sends transactional email using Marketing Cloud's triggered send functionality”.
So the only send functionality available for rest is "Triggered Sends”. It works fine, sends a triggered email, I get “Queued”.
Under Tracking > Sends, the triggered sends are aggregated so this is not the type of email we want to send. The user-initiated send has the tracking per email, this is what we need.
So rest is a dead end. Lets move to soap.
The routes available in FuelSDK-Node are: - routes/campaign-routes.js - routes/contentarea-routes.js - routes/de-routes.js - routes/email-routes.js - routes/folder-routes.js - routes/index-routes.js - routes/list-routes.js - routes/main.js - routes/rest-routes.js - routes/sms-routes.js - routes/soap-routes.js - routes/subscriber-routes.js - routes/tracking-routes.js - routes/triggeredsend-routes.js
The only send functionality is “sendTriggeredSend” under routes/triggeredsend-routes.js. So back to my original question: What would be the best contribution to the fuel-soap library if I want to send an email (other than a triggered email) such as a user-initialted email or just an email send to a list?
Thanks for your help.