This is a bit odd.
- Sandbox org created under V27.0
- Sandbox org now upgraded to V28.0 a few weeks back
- VF page at V28.0 that interacts with a controller at V27.0 that updates custom object Quote__c
- Today (this didn't happen yesterday), when page attempts to update the Quote__c obj via the controller, I get error:
No such column 'lastvieweddate' on entity 'Quote__c
I realize that lastvieweddate was added in V28.0;
- If I downgrade the VF page back to V27.0, the error goes away and Quote__c is saved
Short of rebuilding my sandbox org as V28.0, how does one update a custom object to V28.0 and thus get the new field lastvieweddate so this error doesn't happen? And shouldn't SFDC have made this change backward compatible?