I just setup a new DEV ORG and setup below scenario for a testing
- The Accounts OWD is set as Private
- I have 3 users User_A (Admin Profile), User_B (Standard Platform) & User_C (Standard Platform)
- In Role Hierarchy User_A is in Top & User_B just below and last User C
I can see Sharing Button on each Record level and looks all working perfect in normal scenario.
I just tried to do below settings change and understand whats happening in background. I have manually shared an Account record from User A to User C as
"Read Only". In which the record owner of this particular Account record is User_A. I have notice below behavior
- User_C able to see the record as expected.
My Queries are below
1) When I checked via User_B he also able to see same record as of User_C. Is this because the reason that User_B is above role Hierarchy of User_C?
2) While login as User_B or User_C, the particular Shared Account record showing an Edit & Delete button. While clicking on it, its showing "Insufficient Privileges". Why Edit & Delete button is showing even though its shared as Read only? Is it a bug?
3) Why Sharing button is not showing up in User_C or User_B? I have changed the Sharing from User_A to
"Read/Write" instead of
"Read Only" still no Sharing Button is coming up for User_C or User_B? Is this because the reason that User_A is record Owner?