I did some research on this and I found out the answer for My question. I am sharing all the findings below in case someone need to refer this in future.
1) I got some interesting detailed explanation on this from Link. Click_here
, I am copying some important facts from this as below
Salesforce Classic: It's the platform which we are using from long time as standard, Salesforce just named to classify between the new User Interface/Experience and old User Interface/Experience.
Lightning Experience: It's the new, slick user interface and the Lightning Component framework is a UI framework for developing dynamic web apps for mobile and desktop devices. Lightning makes it easier to build responsive applications for ANY DEVICE. The initial release of the new user interface is geared towards sales reps with an intuitive interface that allows sales reps to work more efficiently.
The dashboard and charts in Lightning Experience behave much like Wave where changes in the chart recalculates in real time. While the new interface is easy to enable, It may not be suited for everyone as there are some missing functionalities at this point of time. In the future releases salesforce would eliminate those gaps, but keep safe harbor statement in mind.
2) Also you can get a good knowledge about the
Qualification of ORG to be with Lightning Experience from Trail heads
- Does My Org Qualify for Lightning Experience?
3) Also an Interesting read about this comparison also here - Salesforce Classic or Lightning? Hamburger vs. Sushi -- Its a really Good article to read
4) Comparison chart on - Lightning Experience VS Salesforce Classic