I am going through the "Development with the Force.com Platform" book and have run into an issue when implementing the sample application from the book.
The example is to demonstrate manual sharing:
- Two employees from the example organisation have separate roles: West and Central
- The employee with the West role has owner ship of a Resource record and creates a manual share with Read Only permissions so that anyone with the Central role can read the record.
- The employee with the Central role then has to create an Assignment record which involves using the shared Resource record and a Project record which he is the owner of.
Unfortunately when I try to do this (logged in as the Central user). I get the following message:
Insufficient Privileges. You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested
What I have checked:
- That there is a manual sharing rule for that Resource which shares with Central role.
- That the when logged in as the Central user, I can read the record. Which I can.
- I have tried setting the Central users role to West (the same as the Resource owners') and the Assignment can then be created OK.
- I have checked that the user is indeed set as having the Central role.
I really don't see what else it could be. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Rather than just suggestions, though, is there a way that I can find out exactly which security settings are denying this operation? Some debugging perhaps?